This Kale Chips using air fryer recipe is really one of the easiest and healthiest snack you can make in just under 10 minutes. Pair it with beer or just munch while watching Netflix. It’s super light and crunchy, and really addictive, one portion is simply not enough.
There is so much hype about eating kale but it’s not unfounded. This vegetable is loaded with tonnes of nutrients and antioxidants. It’s quite tough and bitter to consume on its own. If tossed with the right salad dressing and seasoning, it complements other salad ingredients really well. A fun way of eating just it is just to add some cooking oil and seasoning and air fry it quickly. The dry and tough texture makes it quick and easy to air fry to the right crunchiness of chips.
Making the kale chips only requires a few ingredients, I am pretty sure you already have them in your kitchen: some cooking oil, salt and black pepper to season. That’s it! Toss it well and throw it into the air fryer pre-heated, then air fry very quickly. I did mine in just 4 minutes. It came out in brighter green and crunchy.
Watch my Kale Chips air fryer recipe on YouTube
Did you just buy an air fryer? Check out these air fryer recipes that you can easily make:
- Carrot fries (another very healthy sides)
- Soy chicken with potatoes
- Lamb rack
- Lamb chops and butter potatoes (yup another lamb recipe, I simply love lamb)
- Pork belly (we call it siu yuk or sio bak)
- Yong tau foo (something you will find very common in food centres in Singapore, it’s minced meat stuffed in tofu and vegetables)
- Ngoh hiang (Asian type pork roll)
- Pineapple jam (yes you can make jam!)
Kale Chips Air Fryer Recipe
- 300 g kale
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt season to taste
- Black pepper season to taste
- Pre-heat air fryer at 200 degree celsius / 392 degree fahrenheit for 3 minutes.
- Wash kale, then pat dry with a paper towel. Trim off the stem. Break kale into smaller portions (but not too small, otherwise it 'flies' easily in the air fryer).300 g kale
- Add cooking oil, salt and black pepper and toss well to season.1 tbsp cooking oil, Salt, Black pepper
- Place kale into air fryer. Air fry at 200 degree celsius / 392 degree fahrenheit for 4 minutes. During air frying, toss kale chips once or twice to check that it's not burnt and to ensure even cooking.
- Ready to serve! Enjoy!