My favourite meat at all time has got to be the lamb. I used to cook it in the oven which helps keep my stove top clear of the grease from grilling it. But now that I have my Ninja Max XL air fryer, I must say it’s my favourite kitchen gadget of all times as it’s really quick and easy to whip up a meal without making a mess out of my kitchen. This air fried lamb rack recipe uses simple marinade and I didn’t have to marinate it for a long time. Simply mix together olive oil, salt, black pepper and the dried oregano I bought back from Sicily, and rub it all over the beautiful rack of lamb and it’s ready to go get air fried!
This is the perfect dish for entertaining friends and family. I love lamb that is juicy, tender and medium. Even without adding any herbs, simple seasoning with salt and black pepper would also make it perfect as lamb tastes really good on its own.
How To Shop For The Lamb Rack
I usually buy it over the butcher counter in the supermarket. The butcher kindly gave me a little education on how to choose the lamb rack. The lamb meat should be pink or rosy-red. Avoid lamb that is too dark red as it would be too aged, nor grey in colour or excessively bloody or yellow greasy fats. Fats should be white and firm, and the meat finely grained meat.
Lamb that is already ‘frenched’ means it’s cut. Or you can buy the whole rack and cook it as is and trim it before serving.
Use A Thermometer
Even since I gotten a meat thermometer, I must say it’s one of the most useful thing in my kitchen. A good lamb rack is quite costly and you wouldn’t want to risk overcooking it. Simply poke the thermometer into the thickest part of the meat to test the temperature. According to the Australianlamb website,
- Rare 60°C / 140°F
- Medium rare 60–65°C / 140-149°F
- Medium 65–70°C / 149-158°F
- Medium well done 70°C / 158°F
- Well done 75°C / 167°F
Sides to Serve With Air Fried Lamb Rack Recipe
Add these crispy potato roses to add a touch of glamour to the air fried lamb rack recipe. Or these healthy air fried carrot fries to add some fiber to the meal?
Watch my Air Fried Lamb Rack Recipe Video
Air Fried Lamb Rack Recipe
- 350 g lamb rack
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp Salt season to taste
- ½ tsp Black pepper season to taste
- ½ tsp Oregano dried or fresh
- Bring lamb rack to room temperature. Pat dry lamb rack.350 g lamb rack
- Prepare marinade by mixing olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano.1.5 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp Salt, 1/2 tsp Black pepper, 1/2 tsp Oregano
- Rub marinade all over lamb rack.
- Pre heat air fryer to 180 degree celsius for 3 minutes.
- Place lamb rack into air fryer (optional to place fat side up) and air fry at 180 degree celsius for 12-18 minutes.
- Flip every 4-5 minutes to ensure even cooking. Use a meat thermometer to see the internal temperature.
- Once the lamb rack reaches your desired doneness (see above for the temperature guide), it's done. Remove lamb rack from air fryer and rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Tomorrow I’ll cook and enjoy 😋😋😋
Thanks Tian! I hope you enjoy it!
If it can be believed, I JUST got an air fryer. THIS lamb recipe is going to mark the maiden voyage of my new appliance! Your photos are drool-worthy so much so that I’ve just written ‘lamb rack’ on my shopping list!
Thanks so much Jenny! It’s absolutely delicious!