This Piña Colada Popsicle post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
If you enjoy sipping tropical cocktails, you will love these easy to make, super yummilicious Piña Colada popsicles. It simply brings you back to memories of lying by the beach, enjoying the warm seabreeze, while slowly savouring glasses of chilled boozy Piña Coladas. Now that’s paradise!
These popsicles are adapted from the famous cocktail, similar ingredients and process of making it, just pour it into a popsicle mould and enjoy it four hours later, or if you can wait, the next day. If you enjoy making cold treats, do check out my Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream and Green Tea Matcha Ice Cream 抹茶雪糕.
To make Piña Colada popsicles, you will only need 4 key ingredients.
- Fresh pineapples – I like making into a smoothie so the texture is rich and creamy. I also chop some up into smaller bits and add to the popsicle so when I bite into it, there’re pineapple chunks I can enjoy.
- Rum – This alcohol has a lightly sweet aroma. The recipe here uses the Bacari white rum.
- Coconut milk – You can use the packaged ones which is a convenient choice.
- Limes – Grate some zest from the limes add a beautiful citrusy tangy flavour to the tropical cold treat.
What alcohol do I use in Piña Colada
There are many types of rum you can use. This recipe uses the Bacari white rum, I have seen recipes using the brownish type of rums. I’d say get the rum that’s affordable for you and easily available. These are some of the rum brands you can try out:
- BACARDÍ Gold Rum
- Mount Gay Rum
- Bumbu Original Rum
- Ron Zacapa 23 Year Centenario
- Havana Club Anejo Blanco
- Malibu Rum
Can I make it a non-alcoholic Piña Colada
Yes of course you can. Simply by just omitting the rum and just mix the coconut milk and pineapple smoothie, you can a virgin Piña Colada easily! Kids can now enjoy it together with the adults.
Watch how to make Piña Colada Popsicle on YouTube
Pin now, make later
Piña Colada Popsicle
- 1 Pineapple and others popsicle mould
- Cut off top and bottom and skin of 500 g ripe pineapple. Remove the 'eyes' and core of the pineapple. Then cut the pineapple into big chunks.Dice a small portion of the pineapple and set aside.500 g ripe pineapple
- Blend the big pineapple chunks in a food processor into a smoothie.
- Mix equal amount of pineapple smoothie and 300 ml coconut milk together. About 300g each. Add 1 shot white rum. Mix well.300 ml coconut milk, 1 shot white rum
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle moulds. Add the smaller pineapple bits for some crunch.
- Cover and freeze in the freezer overnight.
- Grate some zest from 1-2 green limes over the popsicle. Serve and enjoy!1-2 green limes