This spinach with toasted almond and feta cheese salad is so easy to assemble and full of nutritions. My original plan to cook Parmigiana Di Melanzane didn’t happen as I was too lazy on this Singapore National Day holiday. I had to quickly use the spinach so it will not go to waste sitting in my fridge for a few days. Picking up all the ready ingredients in my fridge, and craving for some zesty flavours, here’s a salad made of fresh vegetables, nuts and cheese which I can never get sick of eating.
Spinach is considered very healthy, loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, which brings about many benefits to the eye health, reducing oxidative stress, cancer prevention, and reduce blood pressure levels. There are many ways to prepare spinach – be it canned or fresh, and you can eat it cooked or raw. Remember Popeye eats a lot of spinach and always become strong and highly sought after by Olive. Some benefits of spinach include:
- High in soluble fibre thus incredibly healthy
- Excellent source of many vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, B6, B9, C, E, K1, folic acid, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and etc.
However do take note not to overeat for some individuals such as people who are at high risk of developing kidney stones due to the high calcium content, and people who are taking blood thinners.
Almonds too are highly nutritious and rich in healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Feel free to replace the nuts with walnuts, cashews, or whatever nuts you fancy.
This spinach with toasted almond and feta cheese salad is definitely jam packed with antioxidants and nutrients! For those of you who loves feta cheese like I do, check out more of my salad recipes.
Spinach with toasted almond and feta cheese salad
- 2 cups fresh spinach washed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes soaked and drained
- ⅓ cup purple onion peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
- ½ cup almonds
- ⅔ cup feta cheese break into bite size crumbles
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper freshly crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Toast the almonds in a pan over small fire.
- Assemble all the ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Serve and enjoy!
Super easy to make and delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Most welcome dear!