This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
A Bundt cake is a cake that is baked in a Bundt cake pan, which has patterned edges and is shaped like a ring with a hole in the middle like a donut. The name was derived from the German word bundkuchen which means ‘cake for a gathering’. Despite its association with the German word, there is no specific cake recipe for this, so any cake baked in the Bundt cake pan can be called one. In this Coconut Bundt Cake recipe, the cake is made by just mixing the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, then drizzled with dark chocolate ganache and topped with dried fruits and white chocolate pearls to give it a Christmas festive look.
This recipe is my entry for the Ayam brand coconut milk collaboration. Coconut milk is added to the cake batter for a hint of the coconut taste, as well as to make the dark chocolate ganache. The beautiful aroma of coconut filled my kitchen as I was mixing the cake and while it bakes.
Tips on making the Coconut Bundt Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache
- I used a 7-inch bundt cake pan in this recipe. You can also use an 8-inch cake pan. The volume of the batter will fit both sizes quite well.
- The Ayam brand coconut milk is a local favourite coconut milk and cream brand and can be found is most grocery stores and supermarket. This brand should also be available in Malaysia. For readers located in the US, there are other coconut milk options available, as long as the coconut milk is not thick like double cream, they are good to use.
- The dark chocolate ganache is made with 50% coconut milk and 50% dark chocolate chips for a consistent thick-enough texture. When stored in the fridge, the ganache turns into a more solid texture after 1-2 days. If you prefer a more liquidy consistency, you can adjust the ratio to 40% dark chocolate chips and 60% coconut milk.
- The addition of yoghurt adds acidity to the Bundt cake recipe and, when react with baking soda, it helps to leaven the cake. Either Greek yoghurt or plain yoghurt can be used.
- First whisk together all the dry ingredients. Then whisk all the wet ingredients until the mixture is consistent, due to the oil which tend to separate from other wet ingredients, it will take a while to mix it evenly.
If you are into cake baking, do check out my other recipes:
- Blueberry Basque Burnt Cheesecake with Blueberry Glaze
- Peanut Butter Basque Burnt Cheesecake with Peanut Butter Glaze
- No-bake Vegan Taro Tofu Cake
- Carrot Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Lychee Rose Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Classic Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Dark Chocolate 2-Layer Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Tiramisu, non-alcoholic family recipe
- Yule Log | Bûche De Noël | Christmas Log Cake
- Spiced Apple Cake with Salted Caramel
Pin now, make later
Watch how to make Coconut Bundt Cake on YouTube
Coconut Bundt Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache
- 150 g sugar
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 100 ml Greek yoghurt or plain yoghurt
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 300 g unbleached plain flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp fine salt
Coconut dark chocolate ganache:
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 200 g dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp dried fruits
- 1 tbsp white chocolate pearls
Make the cake:
- Pre-heat oven to 200C / 392F (conventional oven) or 180C / 356F (convection oven).
- Sift all the dry ingredients.300 g unbleached plain flour, 1 1/4 tsp baking soda , 1/8 tsp fine salt
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl.150 g sugar, 125 ml vegetable oil, 2 large eggs, 50 ml lemon juice, 100 ml Greek yoghurt or plain yoghurt, 100 ml coconut milk
- Whisk all the wet ingredients until smooth batter. Note: it'll take a while of stirring to mix the oil and other wet ingredients into a smooth batter.
- Add in the sifted dry ingredients and mix with a whisk until all incorporated. Batter will be thick.
- Grease a 7-inch or 8-inch bundt cake pan with vegetable oil. Note; if you are using a non-stick cake pan, there is no need to grease.
- Transfer the batter into the cake pan to about 80% full.Tap a few times on the table to break any air pockets.
- Bake in pre-heat oven for 40-50 minutes at 200C / 392F (conventional oven) or 180C / 356F (convection oven).To test the doneness of the cake, firstly, insert a chopstick or skewer in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean, it’s done. Secondly, gently press on the cake, if it bounces back, it’s done.
- Cool in cake pan on the cooling rack for about 30 minutes, then release from the cake pan.
Make coconut dark chocolate ganache:
- Warm up 100ml coconut milk, but do not let it boil. Pour over 100g dark chocolate chips. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes.200 ml coconut milk, 200 g dark chocolate chips
- Whisk to mix the mixture into a consistent smooth ganache.
Decorate the bundt cake:
- Pour the coconut dark chocolate ganache over the cake.
- Garnish with dried fruits and white chocolate pearls.2 tbsp dried fruits, 1 tbsp white chocolate pearls
- Enjoy the cake immediately. Leave it out on the kitchen counter covered for 1-2 days. Or cover and chill in the fridge for up to 3 days.